The history of Grand Rapids Masonic Lodge No. 34 is formed from the long history of two other Lodges. The first Lodge came to see the light in the Village of Grand Rapids in 1849 as Grand River Lodge No. 34 and chartered on January 10, 1850. The second Lodge was formed in the new City of Grand Rapids as Valley City Lodge No. 86 and was chartered on January 15, 1857. After 147 years when Valley City was chartered, these two Lodges joined together on October 22, 2004 to form the new Lodge of Grand Rapids Lodge No. 34 F. & A. M., the 155th anniversary of Lodge Number 34.
York Lodge No. 410 which was chartered on January 23, 1895, after operating for 123 years, was merged into Grand Rapids Lodge No. 34 on August 25, 2018. At this merger in 2018, the Lodge Numbered 34 had been in operation for 168 years and continues the fine traditions laid down from the past; and builds upon these combined lodges to form lasting brotherly fellowships that work together in mastering the craft, and to provide aid and support to fellow Masons, charity work and assistance to the community under the guidance of the Light of the Grand Architect of the Universe.